Trellis Advisors, LLC (Trellis), is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of our clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. This Privacy Notice is to help you understand the information we collect, how we use and protect the information, and the limited circumstances in which we may disclose certain information to others.
Information We Collect
During the ordinary course of our business, we may collect and maintain the following types of non-public personal information about you so that we can effectively provide our services to you:
- Information you provide us directly by correspondence, application, other forms, telephone, in meetings, or otherwise (including your name, address, social security number, telephone number, date of birth, assets, account information, and other financial information);
- Information we receive and/or generate about your transactions with our company and others as part of managing your accounts (such as investment and other account transactions, balances, and statements); and
- Information we may receive from third parties with respect to your accounts (such as information provided to us by your legal, accounting or other professional advisors).
Safeguarding of Your Personal Information
We restrict access to your information to only those individuals, including employees, who have a business or professional purpose for knowing the information in order to conduct your business and provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws to protect your non-public personal information.
Sharing of Information
We will not disclose any personal information about our clients or former clients to any third party without the client's prior direction or approval, except as described below. We also require that those with whom we share such information keep that information strictly confidential. Those instances where personal information may be shared on a limited basis include:
- Disclosures to companies that perform services on our behalf to assist us in providing our services to you (such as our technology consultants who assist us in maintaining our accounting and computer systems);
- Disclosures to companies necessary for us to manage and administer your account (such as providing account information to brokers and our custodians);
- Disclosures required by judicial or regulatory process, and under other circumstances permitted by law.
We will not sell any personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. We maintain the personal information of former clients in the same manner as current clients.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and procedures or other information about our company, please feel free to contact M. Ray Gilmour, Chief Compliance Officer, at 509.925.6080.